Things which invalidate Wudhu
329. Wudhu becomes void on account of the following seven things:
- Passing of urine.
- Passing wind from the rear.
- A sleep, deep enough to restrict sight and hearing. However, if the eyes do not see anything, but the ears can hear, Wudhu does not become void.
- Things on account of which a person loses his sensibility, like insanity, intoxication or unconsciousness.
- Istihaza – This will be dealt with, later.
7. Acts after which one should perform Ghusl instead like Janabat, Haidh (menstruation), Nifas (Lochia), and rulings of touching a dead body will be discussed later.