Two – third reduction of grape juice
203. The juice of grapes if ferments by fire, and it boils so much that two – third of it reduces and only 1/3 part of it is left, it becomes Pak. However, if it ferments on its own and becomes one – third by boiling on fire or anything else, or if it ferments on fire and becomes one – third by some other thing, it will only become Pak if it turns into vinegar. This ruling is according to the view which considers the juice, when fermented, as Najis, and it has already been mentioned that the juice of grapes does not become Najis on fermentation.
204. If 2/3 of the grape juice gets reduced without fermentation, and the remainder undergoes fermentation, it is not Najis, however, consuming it is Haraam.
205. The juice of grapes, about which it is not known whether fermentation has taken place or not, is Halal. But if it ferments by boiling on fire, then it will not become Halal until the person is certain that the 2/3 of it is gone. And if it ferments on its own then it will not become Halal until one is certain that it has turn into vinegar.
206. If, for example, there are one or two ripe grapes in a bunch of unripe grapes, and the juice of that bunch, which is not commonly known as "grape juice" and even the sweetness of those grapes is not there, undergoes fermentation, it will be Pak and it is Halal to consume.
207. If one grape falls in something which is boiling with heat, and if it ferments, and dissolves in it, consuming it is Halal.
208. If juice of grapes is being cooked in several pots, the spoon which is used in a pot in which the juice is fermented, should not be used in the unfermented pot, and if all the pot is fermented, the spoon which is used in the pot in which the juice is reduced to two – third should not be used in the pot of which the juice is not reduced to two – third. This ruling is according to the view which considers the juice, when fermented, as Najis, and it has already been mentioned that the juice of grapes does not become Najis on fermentation.
209. A thing, about which one does not know whether it is unripe grapes or ripe grapes, if it ferments, its consumption will be Halal.