One of the weekly gatherings for the Muslims is on Jumu’ah (Friday), and on this day, along with Salatul Zuhr, the Muslims can recite Salatul Jumu’ah but according to Ihtiyat Wajib, Salatul Jumu’ah does not suffice in place of Salatul Zuhr. As for the benefits of this Salat, it suffices to mention that a Surah of the Qur'an has been mentioned in regards to this Salat, and the Mo’minin have been invited to be present in the Salat of Jumu’ah.
How to recite Salatul Jumu’ah
- Salatul Jumu’ah is a two Rak’at Salat, just like Salatul Fajr, except that it contains two khutbah (sermons) performed by the Imam of Jumu’ah before the Salat takes place.
- According to Ihtiyat Wajib, the Imam of Jumu’ah must read Surah al – Fatiha and the second Surah in a loud voice.
- In Salatul Jumu’ah, it is Mustahab that in the first Rak’at after al – Fatiha, Surah Jumu’ah be recited, and in the second Rak’at after al – Fatiha, Surah Munafiqun be recited.
- It is Mustahab to perform two Qunut in Salatul Jumu’ah, one in the first Rak’at before Ruku’, and one in the second Rak’at after Ruku’.
The Conditions for Salatul Jumu’ah
The following points must be observed in Salatul Jumu’ah:
- All the points that must be followed in Salatul Jama’at, must also be followed in Salatul Jumu’ah.
- The Salat must be recited in Jama’at and it is incorrect if recited individually.
- The minimum amount of people taking part in Salatul Jumu’ah must be five, meaning one Imam and four Ma’moom.
- There must be a minimum distance of one Farsakh. (Approximately 5.4 Kilometers or 3.4 miles) between two Salatul Jumu’ah.
The Responsibility of the Person offering Salatul Jumu’ah
- According to Ihtiyat Wajib, the Ma’moom must listen to the Jumu’ah khutbah.
- According to Ihtiyat Mustahab, one should refrain from speaking.
- According to Ihtiyat Mustahab, while the Imam is delivering the Khutbah, the people attending the Jumu’ah should be sitting, facing the Imam and should not look from side to side.
- If a person does not reach the Salat of Jumu’ah in the first Rak’at, but he manages to reach it in the second Rak’at, even if it be while they are in the state of Ruku’, then his Salat will be correct, and he only needs to pray one Rak’at on his own.