The Mustahab and Makrooh things in Sajdah
1100. Certain things are Mustahab in Sajdah:
O You Who are the best from whom people seek their needs, and O You, Who are the best bestower of gifts! Give me and the members of my family
sustenance with Your grace. Undoubtedly You possess the greatest grace.
6. After performing Sajdah, one should sit on his left thigh, placing the instep of the right foot on the sole of the left foot.
7.After every Sajdah, when a person has sat down and his body is composed, one should say Takbir.
8.When his body is steady after the first Sajdah, he should say: “Astaghfirullaha Rabbi wa Atubu Ilayhi”.
9. One should prolong the Sajdah, and when sitting after the Sajdah, one should place his hands on the thighs.
10 .He should say Allahu Akbar for going into second Sajdah, when his body is steady.
11. He should recite Salawat while in prostrations.
12. At the time of rising, men should raise their knees first from the ground, and women should raise their hands first.
13. Men should not make their elbows and stomach touch the ground; they should keep their arms separated from their sides. And women should place their elbows and stomachs on the ground, and should join their limbs with one another.
Other Mustahab acts of Sajdah have been mentioned in detailed books.
1101. It is Makrooh to recite the holy Qur'an in Sajdah. It is also Makrooh to blow off the dust from the place of Sajdah, and if, by so doing, one utters anything, the prayers will be void. Besides these, there are other Makrooh acts, which are given in detailed books.