367. In this method, a person should first make a Niyyat for Ghusl. Thereafter one should first wash one's head and neck, and thereafter as per precautionary measures one washes the right part of the body first and then the left part. If a person intentionally, or on account of forgetfulness or because of not knowing the rule, does not wash his head and neck before other body parts, his Ghusl is void. And if he
washes his left side before his right side, as per precautionary measures, Ghusl is void.
368. Half of navel and half of private parts should be washed with either sides, however, it is better that one washes his navel and private parts completely with either sides.
369. In order to ensure that all three sections; i.e. head and neck, right side and left side of the body, have been washed thoroughly, one should, while washing a part, also include some portion of the other part with it. As per precautionary measures, one should rather wash the whole right side of the body while washing the right side of the neck, and similarly the left side.
370. After the Ghusl, if a person realizes that certain parts of the body have been left out, not knowing which, one should perform the Ghusl again.
371. If one realizes after Ghusl that one has not washed a certain part of the body it is sufficient to wash only that part if it is the left side. However, if that part is the right side then after washing that part of the body one should wash the left side again. And if the unwashed part is that of head and neck one should, after washing that part, wash the right and then the left part of the body once again.
372. If a person doubts before completing Ghusl whether one has washed a part on the left, it will be sufficient to wash that part and if one doubts about having washed a part on the right, then after washing that part of the body one should wash the left side again, and if one doubts about having washed a part of the head and neck then, one would wash that part and then wash the right and the left side of the body again. And after washing the left side, if one doubts that whether he has washed a previous parts or not, then one should not pay attention towards his doubts.